SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Adios Amigo

Well, I'm saying goodbye to P-Funk.

Tearing it down and putting things in place to rebuild it into a different mileage monster that its been for me the past couple years. I've cranked out a good 20,000+ on it, riding it for thousands of miles in every direction from the city of Denver and the Rocky Mountain Range.

That Evo is one hell of an engine - I don't care if some guys only take notice in Knucks, Pans, and Shovels - it's been pretty damn bulletproof and I'm not putting it to rest anytime soon. For two good seasons I've been tearing around on it, raising hell and riding the crap out of it - adjusting, fixing, and checking things on it as I went along.

But, it's time for a change and I need to get my hands dirty this winter without spending an ass-load of cash. So, the Chop is getting a makeover. Ideas are being spit out left and right, but when it's all said and done, I know I'll be proud of the finished product no matter what I finally decide on.

I've always been into art. With all of the riding/traveling I do 10 months out of the year, it's hard to get in and use my creative side. I've been drawing and coming up with ideas to keep me busy, but it's in the shop where I can put these ideas to work... It's been too long.

When the weather chills and the snow starts falling in the Rockies, it's shop time. Time to grind, cut, weld, put together-take apart-put together-take apart, so on and so on....

It's blood, cuts, grease and grime. It's idea overload and the creation of something new, something that's mine. It's the idea of what's to come and how much use I'll get out of it this coming spring, summer, and fall.



Saying goodbye can be a bitch sometimes...

1 comment: