SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rado Brews -

I love beer. Colorado has quite a few quality micro/craft breweries, some of the best being within 45 minutes from my front door. So, I thought I'd dedicate a post for those of you who feel as strongly as I do about brew.

Thirsty anyone?

Odell's Brewery, Fort Collins
- 90 Shilling is one fine brew


-Medium bodied amber ale. The name 90 Shilling comes from the Scottish method of taxing beer.
-5.3% Alc. By Vol.
-27 IBUs

New Belgium Brewery, Fort Collins
-1554 Black Ale is pretty damn good


-ABV 5.6%
-IBU 21
-Calories 200
-Hops Target
-Malts Pale, Carapils, Black, Munich, Chocolate
-OG 15.3
-TG 4.5

Left Hand Brewery, Longmont
-Sawtooth is delicious, got me hooked as soon as I moved to Colorado


-Style: American Style ESB
-Color: Amber
-Body: Medium-bodied
-ABV: 5.30%
-IBU's: 27
-Malts: Pale 2-row, Crystal, Munich, Wheat and Black Malt
-Hops: Magnum, US-Goldings, Willamette and Cascade

My favorite, Avery Brewery, Boulder
- They make a seasonal called Maharaja, shit'll knock you on your ass if you're not careful


-Beer Style: Imperial India Pale Ale
-Hop Variety: Simcoe, Columbus, Centennial and Chinook
-Malt Variety: Two-row barley, caramel 120L, victory
-OG: 1.090 ABV: 10.24% IBUs: 102
-Color: Dark Amber
-Availability: Seasonally produced from March through August

1 comment:

  1. Although to pricey to have very often, Odell's Woodcut Series is some good stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete