SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Monday, February 28, 2011

Hills -

In just over 5 months I'll be riding out of the Denver area for my first round of what is the Annual Sturgis Rally and Races. The week before shit hits the fan is one of the most anticipated weeks of the year for me.

That week would be the one leading up to the Rally. All the hoopla about too many people being there and cops cracking down on anything with a dick is nonexistent during this time. The cops haven't showed up yet and neither have the crowds. It's the calm before the storm.

Don't feel that this is an advertisement aimed at enticing you to visit during this time, as the roads are left to me, a group I call my second family, and the few others who get to the hills early.

You can feel what's coming, but the roads have a way of washing that away...

It rivals any other riding I've come across.


Funk at the campsite. We get there early and tape off the same large area each year, enough to fit 80+ people, bikes, and gear.

My dad's bike and my hammock, not much more

Something I could wake up to all summer long

No comments:

Post a Comment