SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pipe Down Son

Got going on my pipes this past week. Had a little problem on my first day, pin-holes in the welds. I spent most of the day mocking, cleaning, welding, and grinding - only to fuck up not once, but twice. Don't know if it was impurities in the metal or my welding? So, frustrated, I gave up and decided to try again the next day.

Came in the next day and busted them out, no problem. Over-cleaned every piece and took my time making sure I didn't waste the day.

Our good friend Rudy from the NorthWest gave Rich some kick-ass finned exhaust tips when we were in Spokane one year. Rich is letting my use them on my re-build. Pretty cool.

Almost all done, should look and sound good ripping down the highway...








Got out on my FXR today for the first time in a long while. Spring's here - speed signs are pretty unnoticeable to me when I first get back on the bike... actually, they're almost always unnoticeable, unless I'm riding by a smokey.

1 comment:

  1. Good deal. I gotta' get on with learning how to weld. Something I have always wanted to do...in addition to getting a decent man cave. maybe someday...pfffttt.

    ReplyDelete