SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Born Free Show - Part 3

I can't explain how much fun I had on this entire trip out to L.A. for the Born Free Show. I keep thinking back, wishing it wouldn't have stopped. The event, the people I met and re-united with, and the landscapes I saw for the first time from behind my handlebars - it will never be erased from my memory. I only wish I could have shared in the ride with Rich and my dad, two guys I love riding with the most - but Sturgis is right around the corner.
The thought of knowing how many guys were packing up their choppers and heading cross-country for this event got my blood running. There's something about heading out on a trip like this and not knowing what you may run into. From start to finish, the party really never stopped, until 1 a.m. on Wednesday night, when I got back to the Denver area, freezing my ass off - it didn't help that I put on 700 miles the last day of the trip, but it was through some of the most beautiful areas this country has to offer(Northern Arizona, Southeastern Utah, and Western Colorado). Vail pass kicked my ass on the last leg of my trip, but I'd do it all over if I could, and I will....

Signal Hill po-po estimated that there were roughly 2,000 bikes at this event and over 5,000 people - at least that's what someone told me? Free admission and PBR really brings em in, not to mention a kick-ass Pan being raffled off.




No comments:

Post a Comment