SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Friday, May 25, 2012

In Two Weeks

I'll be in Northern Wisconsin for my brother's bachelor party weekend. Riding the chop back for some drinking, fishing, and riding in the north woods.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, it's amazing. Thick forests, lakes everywhere(as you can see from the picture), and some of the best back-country roads(in my opinion) for getting lost on a bike. Being out in Colorado, I don't miss much from back home, but the north woods is something very unique. The muskies are the size of small children, the mosquitoes are the size of birds, and the women are tougher than most city-boys. Even better, the bars are gritty, the greasy food will kill ya, and the people are genuine. Ask for an old-fashion, they'll give you a can of PBR and a shot of rail whiskey. It takes a special breed of human to live up there year-round...

It's been quite a while since I've been spotted north of Minocqua, I can't wait.



Hitting the Twin Cities for a couple nights on my way back to see friends and hit a Scott H Biram concert. If you're in the Cities and feel like hitting the streets, let me know - speedandglory@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment