SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tear Down

Getting the bike ready for more miles this season. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Preppin' for a south Texas trip starting next week. All I can say is, thank god for Irish Rich, the dude is my hero - even after 6 years, always watching and grilling me in order to teach me how to do shit right the first time. Remind myself on a weekly basis how fortunate I am to have him in my life, on any level.

New rear master cylinder, primary belt and pulleys, chain, shifter pawl shaft, tranny gaskets and seals. Also, new rubber going on tomorrow, my tires are shot.

This bike has seen its fair share of miles these past three and a half years. Every time I tear it down or get back from a trip, there's something I need to adjust, fix, or replace. Nothing's ever easy. Sometimes I feel it would be a hell of a lot easier with a stock bike and warranty....but what the hell fun would that be?




Big thanks to Randall down at Deluxe Motorcycle Shop here in Denver(SouthWest corner of 38th Ave and Kipling). The dude is the real deal and a good friend, always bends over backwards to help us out when we need something done that Rich and I aren't able to do at Shamrock...

You live in the Denver area and need a good mechanic?? - Randall is the guy you need to introduce yourself to.

Deluxe's # - (303) 988-8828.

No comments:

Post a Comment