SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Veterans



In honor of the Marines 236th birthday today, as well as Veteran's Day tomorrow, here's an old video my good friend Leny forwarded to me:



Been watching Vietnam in HD on the History Channel these past couple days, shit is crazy. I can't imagine what it's like to go to war, I just know that those who serve deserve everyone's support and respect. In a country that gives so much to politicians who fuck up, load their pockets, and collect crazy benefits after serving from the safe confines of their offices - we should probably start rethinking our ways. Those that put their lives on the line for this country deserve much more...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steve, Nice clip. Today, Veteran's Day, would have been my dad's 90th birthday. He served in the South Pacific with the 8th Photo Recon (Army Air Corps). A day of pause for me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself...thanks Steve!

    ReplyDelete