SPEED FIRST - SAFETY SECOND

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rollin 1 oh 1

Back on the 101 today out of Rohnert Park, up to Crescent City. Made my way up the highway, through rain, cold, traffic, construction, fog, and wind. It was miserable, but probably the best day I've ever had on a bike in the almost ten years I've been riding. This trip keeps getting better as I move further north. Sure, I was drenched and freezing my ass off all day, but the last 100 miles of my day made up for any weather that could have been thrown my way. I don't mean to sound ridiculous, but I still have goose bumps from the day's ride. Fog was rolling in and out of the forest and coast. The trees up here are massive, like none I've ever seen. The final twenty miles of my day made me feel both eerie and like a girl at a Beatles concert back in the day. Like a cross between a twilight zone episode and an old school video of teenage girls going nuts when the Beatles first came to the states. Words just can't describe how I felt leaning into the curves with the night rolling in along with dense fog in the tall trees. The last six months of work could have nearly killed me and I wouldn't have noticed it one bit. We'll see what tomorrow has in store for me...




1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm sorry bro. We had that freak ass storm last yesterday. Weird weather for this time of year...suppose to heat up though...and get friggin' hot. I have only seen one thunder and lightening storm here in a decade. Today and tonight we are suppose to see that again...go figure right? Should make it interesting. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete